- Real Estate
Alexa Woods is a real estate development lawyer particularly well-experienced at navigating highly-nuanced public-private development agreements representing municipalities, other governmental entities, developers, and other companies affected by such agreements. Alexa has broad understanding of the public inducements, public assistance, private financing, and developer equity afforded or affected by such agreement. Representative developments include Axis, Depot at Nickel Plate, BIC development in Henry County, Market Square North, and Cummins’ office park in downtown Indianapolis.
Alexa often serves as lead counsel in real estate financing transactions including construction loans, long-term mortgage and other asset-based financings, defeasance transactions, multi-lender transactions, and equity raises. Commonly, she works inside business combination, restructuring, merger, acquisition and disposition transactions. Alexa has an active opinion practice relative to her financing and combination transaction work and frequently serves as local counsel for other law firms.
Alexa’s clients include private developers, equity investors, sponsors, landlords, and tenants in all types of real estate matters. She has extensive experience negotiating and closing commercial lease transactions. She assists clients in deal structuring, entity formation, land acquisition, land development, shopping center and office projects, property acquisitions and dispositions, conveyancing, 1031 exchanges, and 1031 reverse exchanges. She also has an active general business practice.
Alexa has developed a successful legal practice by making an effort to personally know each of her clients, her clients’ businesses and, using that information, to serve her clients and the firm’s clients knowledgeably, practically, and efficiently.
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis – (Indian University B.A., Political Science, with Highest Distinction, 1995)
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indiana University (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Patrick D. Sullivan of the Indiana Court of Appeals (1999- 2000)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized in Chambers USA
- Past Chairman, Business Law Section, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member of the Urban Land Institute
- Indiana State Bar Association and Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Humane Society Volunteer