- Real Estate
Alexa Woods is a real estate development lawyer known for her expertise representing real estate owners, investors, and developers in a diverse blend of real estate conveyancing, leasing, and financing transactions involving all real estate sectors. She often serves as lead counsel in real estate financing transactions including construction loans, long-term mortgage and other asset-based financings, defeasance transactions, multi-lender transactions, and equity raises. Commonly, Alexa works inside business combination, restructuring, merger, acquisition, and disposition transactions.
Alexa has significant experience navigating highly nuanced public-private development agreements involving municipalities, other governmental entities, developers, and other affected businesses. Alexa has broad understanding of the public inducements, public assistance, private financing, and developer equity afforded or affected by such agreements. She has represented clients in the real estate developments of Axis, Depot at Nickel Plate, BIC development in Henry County, Market Square North, and Cummins’ office park in downtown Indianapolis.
Alexa has an active opinion and general business practice relative to her financing and combination transaction work and frequently serves as local counsel for other law firms.
Alexa has developed a successful legal practice by making an effort to personally know each of her clients, her clients’ businesses and, using that information, to serve her clients and the firm’s clients knowledgeably, practically, and efficiently.
- Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis – (Indiana University B.A., Political Science, with Highest Distinction, 1995)
- Robert H. McKinney School of Law – Indiana University (J.D., cum laude, 1999)
- Judicial Law Clerk for the Honorable Patrick D. Sullivan of the Indiana Court of Appeals (1999- 2000)
- Best Lawyers in America
- Recognized in Chambers USA
- Past Chairman, Business Law Section, Indianapolis Bar Association
- Member of the Urban Land Institute
- Indiana State Bar Association and Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indianapolis Humane Society Volunteer