- Health Care
- Life Sciences
- Commercial Transactions
- Entrepreneurial Business
- Technology Licensing
Brian Bouggy advises clients on a variety of corporate and commercial transactions. Areas of focus include entrepreneurship, corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions. He represents emerging growth life sciences and technology companies in connection with corporate governance, venture capital finance, technology licensing and commercialization, and business combinations. Brian also provides general corporate transactional and regulatory counsel to businesses and non-profit organizations in the health care, manufacturing, and service industries.
Brian benefits from prior experiences in the health care and life sciences industries, including prior scientific, business, and legal experience with the Purdue University Center for Cancer Research, the North American headquarters of a major medical diagnostics company, and the international headquarters of a major pharmaceutical company. He earned his law degree at the Indiana University School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the Indiana Health Law Review. His article, “Follow-On Biologics Legislation: Striking a Balance Between Innovation and Affordability” was published in Vol. VII of the Indiana Health Law Review.
While in law school, he also interned for the Honorable Larry J. McKinney of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, was a student member of the Indianapolis American Inn of Court, and served on the Dean’s Student Advisory Board.
- Purdue University – (B.S., Biology, 2007)
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., Cum Laude 2010)
- Indianapolis Boilermaker Business Exchange, Leadership Committee
- Indiana University Hall Center for Law & Health Steering Committee
- Indiana Sports Corporation Big Ten Basketball Organizing Committee
- Purdue University Alumni Association
- American, Indiana, Indianapolis Bar Associations