- General Counsel
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate Finance
- Emerging Companies
Don Densborn is a seasoned business lawyer, who represents companies in a myriad of industries, including manufacturing, service, real estate, technology, distribution, logistics, alternative energy, metals, senior living, private equity, prepaid card, and finance. His clients are primarily middle-market, but include others which are startup, earlier-stage or emerging.
His practice is focused on transaction work, particularly acquisition, disposition and combination transactions. He is regularly engaged in financings of various types, including senior secured, mezzanine, private equity, and venture capital transactions, as well as securities offerings for both operating companies and real estate entities.
He is a trusted adviser to several companies at the board level, where compliance, strategy, and fiduciary duty issues are often paramount. He frequently advises clients on matters of entity choice, formation, structure, governance and succession. He is commonly involved resolving disputes among owners, including playing a supporting role in litigation, mediation, and settlement. His experience includes an array of routine commercial transactions, including sales, leases, licenses, consignments and distribution or franchising arrangements.
Mr. Densborn is the chosen Indiana corporate law member for IR Global, a premier international lawyer network. He is recognized by Chambers USA – America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Best Lawyers®, and Indiana Super Lawyers. In 2017, Best Lawyers® recognized Mr. Densborn as its 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) and as its 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” in the area of Banking and Finance, both in Indianapolis. According to Chambers, he is considered by his peers to be “very professional and practical” and possessed with an “impressive intellect”, “broad knowledge”, and “deep expertise” in corporate law.
Densborn Blachly LLP is a business transaction and litigation “boutique” law firm located on the Northside of Indianapolis.
- Indiana University – Kelley School of Business (B.S. Finance, Magna Cum Laude 1973)
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude 1976)
- Best Lawyers in America 2018 Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships) “Lawyer of the Year” – Indianapolis
- Best Lawyers in America 2017 Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” – Indianapolis
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Past Chairman, Business Law Section, Indianapolis Bar Association
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL) (1998-2013)
- The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Market Place (Red Book)
- Who’s Who in Finance and Law, Indianapolis Business Journal
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell)
- American, Indiana State Bar Associations