- General Counsel
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Finance
- Commercial Transactions
- Real Estate Finance
- Emerging Companies
Don Densborn is a seasoned business lawyer, who represents companies in a myriad of industries, including manufacturing, service, real estate, technology, distribution, logistics, alternative energy, metals, senior living, private equity, prepaid card, banking and finance. His non-bank clients are primarily situated in an established middle market, but include others which are startup, earlier stage or emerging.
His practice is focused on transaction work, particularly company acquisition, disposition and combination transactions. He also is regularly engaged in corporate finance transactions, including commercial financial, mezzanine loan, venture capital and distress transactions, and securities offerings. He has long experience at real estate construction, leasing, conveyancing, and mortgaging, including the title insurance and survey issues associated therewith.
He is a trusted adviser to several companies at the board level, where corporate governance, compliance, strategy, fiduciary and succession matters are paramount. He frequently counsels clients on choice of entity, having served on the Uniform Law Commission drafting committees on limited liability companies and the business organization code, and he is commonly involved in drafting shareholder buy-sell agreements and resolving shareholder disputes. His experience includes an array of commercial transactions, including sales, leasing, licensing, distribution, franchising, and consignment transactions and arrangements. Secured transaction work, too, has long been an area of concentration.
According to Chambers USA, Mr. Densborn is considered by his peers to be “very professional and practical” and possessed with an “impressive intellect”, “broad knowledge”, and “deep expertise” in corporate law.
- Indiana University – Kelley School of Business (B.S. Finance, Magna Cum Laude 1973)
- Indiana University – Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D., Magna Cum Laude 1976)
- Best Lawyers in America 2017 Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year”
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Indiana Super Lawyers
- Past Chairman, Business Law Section, Indianapolis Bar Association
- National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL) (1998-2013)
- The Bond Buyer’s Municipal Market Place (Red Book)
- Who’s Who in Finance and Law, Indianapolis Business Journal
- AV Peer Review Rating (LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubbell)
- American, Indiana State Bar Associations